Meet Dr. Keith MacDonald
As a longtime Greensboro resident who graduated from Grimsley High School in 1973, Dr.Keith MacDonald knows the Triad area well. A true Tarheel, Dr. MacDonald earned his BS in Chemistry from UNC in 1977 and went on to graduate from the UNC School of Dentistry in 1981. His true passion for what he does has led Dr. MacDonald to continue his education over the past 30 years in all areas of dentistry by attending advanced training courses so that knowledge can be shared with his patients to better serve them at each and every visit. Dr. MacDonald is a Fellow of both the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and the Institute of Advanced Laser Dentistry.
Dr. MacDonald has a broad knowledge of dental procedures, with a focus on implant surgery and full mouth reconstruction. A brief background of his continuing education is outlined below:
- In 2004 he attended the Great Lakes Education Center for Cerec Training
- In 2007, he studied at the South Beach Implant Institute for Advanced Head and Neck Anatomy
- In 2008, he studied CAD CAM Cerec 3 D Training at the San Antonio Institute for Dentistry
- From 2009-2010, he studied the Advanced Anterior Cerec Course and the Advanced Posterior Cerec Course at the Scottsdale Center for Dentistry
- In 2009, he studied at the Triangle Institute Dental Implant Continuum and received more than 200 hours of continuing education and training on placing implants
- In February 2009, he received recognition of Fellow at the International Congress of oral Implantologists at the International Meeting in New Orleans
- Studied at San Antonio Institute for Dentistry and completed the Advanced Anterior in Cerec Design.
- In February 2010, he attended the International Implant Surgery Training Meeting Conference at the Sclar Center in Miami for Advanced Soft Tissue Grafting
- In 2011, he was chosen by the Scottsdale Center of Dentistry to be a mentor for Cerec Doctors due to his extensive knowledge and training.
- From 2012-2013, he attended advanced training in 6 Month Smiles A short term Ortho program to straighten your teeth using clear brackets in 6 months. To date, he has done over 50 cases.
- In 2013, he attended the Garg Institute for Soft Tissue Grafting
- In 2013, he attended the 3D International Summit in Orlando, Florida for extensive training and lectures on 3D Conebeam technology for Implant Dentistry, sleep and airway evaluation and other aspects used to help diagnose patient with their oral and overall health.
- In 2013, he attended a seminar in Louisville, Kentucky with one of the leading all on four Implant Dentists in the United States. This technique is patented by Nobel Biocare and allows permanent placement of dentures.
- In 2014 he became a Member of the Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry and a Certified Provider of LANAP and in 2015, he received designation of Fellow.
Dr. MacDonald has the ability to treat severe periodontal problems due to his knowledge in Advanced Laser Dentistry. His desire to keep up with the latest technology that helps patients with their overall health is one of his biggest passions. The Periolase from Millenium Dental Technologies sterilized periodontal pathogens that cause bone loss and infections of the gum tissues, and is the only FDA approved laser in the world. He is proud to have helped many people who would have lost their teeth. With this technique, the laser stimulates bone regeneration around periodontally involved teeth. But just as important, it also saves failing implants.
Outside Of The Dental Office
Outside of dentistry, Dr. MacDonald resides in Greensboro with his wife Terri of over 30 years. Terri also works in the dental industry and is a Yoga Instructor. He has three sons, Andrew, Daniel, and Bradley and in 2016, he became a Grandfather to Brody Daniel MacDonald.
“A dentist has to be an artist. In cosmetics, you have to visualize color, shape, and position, while also using technology and your knowledge of dentistry to help patients.”– Dr. Keith T. MacDonald