Your Permanent Solution
Living with missing teeth always affects your life. From damaging your confidence to making it difficult to eat your favorite foods, missing teeth can quickly take a toll on your overall health. If you have adjacent missing teeth, replacing each one individually can be costly and time-consuming.
For cases like this, we recommend dental bridges for maximum convenience. Our permanent bridges are customized to match the surrounding teeth in your smile for a natural-looking solution that will restore your smile for years to come.
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are designed to bridge the gap between one or more missing teeth. Bridges provide more stability than a denture, but don’t require surgery like dental implants. Dental bridges consist of natural-looking prosthetics called pontics, which replace your missing teeth. The pontics rely on your adjacent teeth on each side to support the restoration.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
In addition to bringing a boost to your confidence, dental bridges also improve your oral health. There are numerous advantages to receiving a dental bridge, such as:
- Prevents your surrounding teeth from shifting out of place
- Restores your ability to eat and speak
- Prevents opposing teeth from elongating to compensate for missing teeth
- Evenly distributes chewing forces
- Decreases wear and tear of surrounding teeth
- Prevents jawbone deterioration
- Maintains the shape of your face
- Restores your bite
The Process for Your New Smile
Receiving your dental bridge restoration is a relatively quick and easy process that can be completed in as little as two visits to our Archdale practice. During your initial visit, Dr. MacDonald will prepare your anchor teeth by gently removing some enamel and capping them with customized porcelain crowns for increased strength. We’ll also take a detailed impression of your teeth so we can create your custom bridge.
About two weeks after your first appointment, you’ll return to our Archdale dental practice to receive your bridge. Dr. MacDonald will check to ensure the fit and appearance are exactly how you envisioned them before fixing the bridge in place. Once it’s secure, you’re ready to leave our office with a flawless smile.
Candidates for Dental Bridges
Not all patients are ideal candidates for a dental bridge. Factors that make you a viable candidate include:
- Missing one or more permanent teeth
- Having overall good health (no severe health conditions, infections, or other major health problems)
- Having healthy teeth and a strong enough bone structure to support the bridge
- Having good oral health
- Performing good oral hygiene habits in order to maintain the condition of your bridge
Let Us Restore Your Smile
Dental bridges can rejuvenate your smile’s appearance and restore your oral health. If you’re ready to put an end to the struggles that missing teeth cause in your daily life, get in touch. Call our Archdale office at (336) 434-3186 to schedule an appointment with Dr. MacDonald or fill out this convenient online contact form.