Laser Assisted Regeneration in the Triad of NC
LANAP® Used for Periodontal Disease
At Triad Cosmetic Dentistry, we’re always seeking to improve our treatment methods so we can offer our patients optimal results through safe, successful treatments. One of the latest types of dental technology for periodontal treatment that we offer to our patients is Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP), also known as laser-assisted regeneration.
As an associate member of the Institute of Advanced Laser Dentistry and a certified provider of LANAP, Dr. MacDonald is capable of providing our patients with an alternative to traditional treatment for periodontal disease.
While still highly effective, traditional periodontal therapies can be painful and time-consuming. Additionally, they don’t stimulate stem cells that help with regrowth in your lost bone structure. LANAP is an innovative laser technology that offers a less painful, more accurate alternative treatment to conventional surgeries.
How the Process Works
One of the major benefits of using LANAP is that there is no cutting or sewing of the gums. Patients will only require local anesthesia which allows them to recover shortly after each appointment and can be completed within two 2-hour sessions.
- At your appointment, Dr. MacDonald will use a laser called the PerioLase® MVP-7™, which targets the infected area without harming any surrounding tissue. The laser eliminates any inflammatory cells around the tooth to open space between the tooth and the gum. This allows Dr. MacDonald to scrape out any excess bacteria with hand tools.
- Once the bacteria has been removed using a combination of both the laser and general tools, the laser is used to form a gel-clot which attaches the gums to the new, clean tooth surface. Dr. MacDonald will adjust any bite trauma that you may have and the new gum tissue will begin to regenerate and heal.
- After LANAP is completed, you’ll be able to drive yourself home and most likely return to work the next day and resume regular activities. Healing around the gums may take a few days so we suggest you stick to a soft food diet for a few days post-operation.
Benefits of Laser Assisted Regeneration
This laser treatment plays an important role in correcting any occlusal problems, or problems with the patient’s bite, which is typically a key factor of periodontal disease. Addressing occlusion can help with other problems such as sleep apnea, headaches, and neck aches.
Many advantages patients experience when receiving treatment with LANAP include:
- Non-invasive, more comfortable surgery
- Minimized discomfort and swelling
- No need for incisions or stitches
- Stimulated gum regeneration
- Shorter recovery period
- Improved oral and overall health
- Effective, long-lasting results
Safe Laser Dentistry in the Triad of North Carolina
At Triad Cosmetic Dentistry, we want all our patients of Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point, and surrounding areas to experience the benefits of our LANAP technology. Your oral health is a vital aspect of your overall health and we want you to feel comfortable and confident in the care we provide.
If you’re interested in learning more about LANAP treatment or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us at (336) 434-3186 today to speak with one of our highly-experienced team members. See how our laser dentistry can work for you.