ViziLite Oral Cancer Screening
Oral cancer is one of the most curable diseases when it’s caught early. That’s why the ViziLite Plus exam has been developed and is offered at Triad Cosmetic Dentistry. ViziLite Plus uses technology that has proven successful in identifying soft tissue abnormalities in other areas of the body. A ViziLite Plus exam is particularly important if you are at increased risk for developing oral cancer.
The ViziLite Plus exam can help our doctors identify abnormal tissue, that might develop into oral cancer.
An annual ViziLite Plus exam, in combination with a regular visual examination, provides a comprehensive oral screening procedure for patients at increased risk for oral cancer. The ViziLite Plus exam is painless and fast, and could help save your life.
ViziLite Plus is performed immediately following a regular visual examination:
- First, you will be instructed to rinse with a cleansing solution.
- Next, the overhead lighting will be dimmed.
- Then, your dental professional will examine your mouth using ViziLite Plus, a specially designed light technology.
How ViziLite Plus Works
As with most serious diseases, early detection is the key to successful outcomes. Unfortunately, the problem with oral cancer is that approximately 70% of the time it is not visible to the dental professional until it has reached an advanced stage. ViziLite Plus technology assists your dental professional in seeing abnormal tissue in the mouth, before it is plainly obvious.
As ViziLite Plus passes over oral tissue that has been treated with the rinse solution, normal healthy tissue will absorb the light and appear dark, abnormal tissue will appear white. The purpose of using ViziLite Plus is to identify tissue changes at their earliest stage; once abnormal tissue has been identified it is up to your dental professional to determine what the appropriate next steps are.
Benefits and Expectations
- When oral cancer is found at the earliest stage, treatment is quicker, simpler, less involved, and more then 90% successful! When oral cancer is diagnosed in late stage, treatment is expensive, disfiguring and has a poor survival rate.
- ViziLite Plus is a technology used by your dental professional to assist in the early detection of abnormal tissue in your mouth.
- ViziLite Plus helps your dental professional see abnormal tissue that is not visible during a regular exam.
- At the conclusion of a ViziLite Plus exam, following a standard visual exam, you can be confident you have received the most comprehensive oral cancer screening available.
If you are interested in learning more about Vizilite Oral Cancer Screening or would like to request an appointment, please contact us at (336) 434-3186 or complete our appointment request form on this page, and a customer service team member will contact you shortly.