Why We Use ViziLite Oral Cancer Screening
Have You Recently Had an Oral Cancer Screening?
Oral cancer can first be detected at the dentist, and if it’s caught early, it can be one of the most curable diseases. However, a serious problem with oral cancer is that approximately 70% of the time, it’s not visible to the naked eye until it has reached an advanced stage.
Here at Triad Cosmetic Dentistry, we can now discover oral cancer at its earliest stages during your regular oral exams using our ViziLite Plus screening system.
ViziLite Plus technology assists our team of doctors in seeing abnormal tissue in the mouth before it’s clearly visible.
Your ViziLite Plus Exam
An annual ViziLite Plus exam, in combination with a regular visual examination, provides a comprehensive oral screening procedure for our patients who are at an increased risk for oral cancer. The ViziLite Plus exam is efficient, pain-free, and could help save your life.
Completed in as little as five minutes, your oral screening with ViziLite will go like this:
- We’ll begin by having you rinse out your mouth with a cleansing solution. As the fluorescent light passes over oral tissue, normal healthy tissue will absorb the light and appear dark, whereas abnormal tissue will appear white.
- This quick detection helps our doctors visually see any early signs of cancer, lesions, as well as other abnormal tissue formations that may occur.
- Finally, one of our doctors will dim the ViziLite and examine your mouth and detected spots.
Benefits of an Early Diagnosis
Discovering oral cancer early on can increase the success of your treatment by more than 90%. Other benefits you’ll receive when you receive a proper oral cancer screening with ViziLite Plus include:
- An easy, non-invasive screening
- Advanced knowledge and recommendations from our team
- A quicker, more effective treatment process
- Reduced risk for future oral problems
Ask About Your Oral Cancer Screening Today
At the conclusion of a ViziLite Plus exam, following a standard visual exam, you can be confident you have received the most comprehensive oral cancer screening available.
If you’re interested in learning more about ViziLite Oral Cancer Screening or would like to request an appointment, please contact us at (336) 434-3186 or complete our appointment request form below. Dr. Macdonald, Dr. Whaley, and our team of experts are here to help improve your health.